Who we are and what we do
The Wirral Carers Health and Wellbeing Service provides free support to adult Carers (including Parent Carers and Young Adult Carers in transition), the service focuses on identifying Carers and supporting them to access services to assist them in their caring roll and to help them to maintain and improve their health and wellbeing. The overall aim of the Carers Health and Wellbeing Service is to improve the quality of life for Carers in Wirral, supporting them to sustain their caring role and enhancing their ability to enjoy a life outside of their caring role.
The Carer’s Health and Wellbeing Service provides a range of services including;
- Carers information, advice, support & activities - Information, advice and support for Carers provided via telephone, email, social media, website and face to face appointments including signposting to local services, benefits advice, support groups, leisure activities, emotional support and counselling. Download the latest carers e news letter from this page for more information
- Carers Emergency Contact Service - Carers are issued with a unique identifier number and a central telephone number which operates 24 hours, 7 days a week (currently Wirral Independence Service). In the event of a Carer having an emergency e.g. is involved in an accident, and is unable to provide care to the cared for, back up support can be triggered through contacting the central telephone service
- Adult Carers online assessments - Support for Carers, where appropriate, to complete an On-line Adult Carer Assessment.
- Carers training - A flexible 6 week training (1 session per week) programme for Carers that includes understanding the role of a Carer, Carer’s rights, power of attorney, local Carer support services, managing stress/building resilience and food energetics.
- Carer awareness training for professionals - Training sessions for professionals that promote Carer awareness. This also included working with GP’s and the NHS to identify Carers and to improve support for Carers health and wellbeing.
- Dementia Carer Support - The Dementia Carer Support Service is for Carers who care for a loved one who has dementia. We run our Carer Support Service to help take some of the strain with both practical and emotional support
- Carers Groups - Groups meet at a variety of accessible local venues across Wirral and free refreshments are provided. Group activities to include meet and greet, crafts, information and advice.
How to access our services
Carers can contact our services directly using the telephone number or email address below or they can request to be referred to WIRED by a GP, a local organisation or any other professional
How to contact us