Public Statement from, David Maguire, Chief Executive of WIRED. 9th April 2021
I am pleased to be able to confirm that our services are fully operational and our staff and volunteers are available via telephone, email, video call and face to face meetings (subject to risk assessment). Many of WIRED's staff team will continue to work from home until June 2021 at which point we hope to be able to return to our to offices in Birkenhead, Liscard, New Brighton, Liverpool and Warrington on a full time basis. Whilst our offices will remain closed (aside from Birkenhead Shop Mobility and skeleton staff in some other offices) until June 2021, our dedicated team of staff and volunteers will continue to be available through our existing telephone and email helplines as usual. So please, don’t hesitate to call or email us, even if it’s just for some reassurance or information about local services, we are happy to help. We have over 10,000 people registered with us for support and we will continue to do our very best during this period of change.
Who we are and what we do
WIRED has been delivering advocacy services for over 20 years and has a strong track record of providing generic advocacy, Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA), Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) and also Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Advocacy (DoLS.
WIRED’s has a pool of associate advocates and a team of employed advocates who are embedded within our services. WIRED currently provides advocacy services to a range of individuals including;
- Young Carers
- Young People with Special Educational Needs or a Disability
- Parents of Children & Young People with Special Educational Needs or a Disability
Our team of advocates will:
- Listen to what you say
- Help you put forward your opinions and views in both formal and informal situations
- Help you to look at options and discuss the possible outcomes
- Help you to find appropriate sources of help and support
- Speak to people and agencies or organisations on your behalf if you feel unable to do so
- Represent your views as an individual
How to contact us