Warrington Carers Week Events - via zoom digital video and voice calling
Monday 7th June 2021 Information Day 'Making Carers Visible and Valued' – 9.45am - 7pm - Webinars
- 10am - 10.10am - Introduction to Carers Week ‘Making Carers Visible and Valued’ Wired Young Carers Service Manager and Keeley
- 10.10am - 10.40am Update of the new Carers Strategy Warrington Borough Council
- 10.40am - 11.00am Carers Assessments; Jackie Mahoney , Early Help Manager Warrington Borough Council. Jackie will be presenting on the support that is available to carers via Warrington Borough Council and the Carers team.
- 11.00am - 11.20am Citizens Advice Bureau; Manager; Steve Cullen, Free independent confidential in-partial information relating to people’s rights and responsibilities. https://www.warrington-advice.co.uk
- 11.20am - 11.40am Warrington Disability Partnership; Dave Thompson OBE, Dave Thompson MBE DL, was a founder and is the Chief Executive of the Warrington Disability Partnership (WDP), an internationally acclaimed user led charity. With over 30 years’ experience of developing and delivering a range of mobility and independent living services, aimed at supporting disabled people, their carers and families. During the past year, WDP has been at the heart of local support to disabled people who have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19. www.disabilitypartnership.org.uk or Tele: 01925 240064
- 11.40am - 12.00 noon Warrington Wellbeing; Diane White, The Wellbeing Service provides one to one support to adults in Warrington to improve their physical and or mental wellbeing. We work closely with many carers for example, the Memory team at Hollins Park and support carers of people living with dementia. I will be explaining how the Wellbeing Service works to support carers to stay well, https://www.warrington.gov.uk/warringtonwellbeing
- 12.00 noon - 1.00pm Break
- 1.00pm - 1.20pm Speak Up; Ellen Feria, Senior Independent Advocate, Senior advocate at Warrington Speak Up. Ella will be giving a presentation about What is Advocacy? Including the different advocacy streams delivered by the Speak Up Advocacy Hub.
- 1.20pm - 1.40pm Warrington Parent and Carers (WARRPAC); Sharon Wilson, Warrington Parents and Carers is a voluntary group of like-minded, enthusiastic, passionate and experienced parents, carers and grandparents. All of whom have children and young people under the age of 25 with disabilities and additional needs. Whether you are at the start of your journey or several years down the line, we are here for you and want to be able to support you. http://warringtonparentsandcarers.org
- 1.40pm - 2.00pm Dementia Services; Mandy Gough, Dementia Connect Local Service Manager – Cheshire & Warrington. Information about Dementia Voice, which is how carers and people with dementia help to shape our work at Alzheimer's Society, as well as with external organisations on a local and national level. www.Alzehimers.org.uk
- 2.00pm - 2.20pm Health Watch Warrington; Lydia Thompson, Healthwatch Warrington Manager Healthwatch is the consumer champion for health and social care in England. We give children, young people and adults a powerful voice – making sure their views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and regulate health and social care services. https://healthwatchwarrington.co.uk
- 2.20pm - 2.40pm Lasting Power of Attorney Presentation;Wired Helen Callister. Helen Callister Wired Training Co-ordinator will be delivering information relating to the Power of Attorney and the Mental Capacity Act
- 2.40pm - 3.00pm Mental Capacity Act Presentation;Wired Helen Callister
- 6.00pm - 7.00pmYAC 19-25—Financial Foundations; Finance, banking, budgeting via Zoom—book here Natalie White
If you are a Young/Adult Carer Aged 17-25 Years and would like more information about Careers, The Princes Trust, Benefits, University, Funding, Volunteering Opportunities, Health & Wellbeing. Please contact Wired Carers Centre for the link: Tel: 01925 633492
For more information or to book your place on one or all of the Webinars please ring 01925 633492 or BOOK HERE
Once you receive your registration and enter your details for the session you will be placed in a waiting room where the host will grant access, we will be limiting the participants on each session so come early to avoid disappointment.
Tuesday 8th June 2021 Wellbeing Day- 10.00-2.00pm & 6.00-7.00pm
We have a collection of mindfulness session today including Relaxation, mindfulness and managing anxiety, YOGA - For beginners adult colouring for relaxation (the pack for this session will be provided in advance of the session) and Emotional Freedom Techniques. Please contact for the registration details to our Zoom sessions - to book your place call 01925 633 492 or book here
Wednesday 9th June 2021 Music Day – 10.00- 11.30am
To start the day off we have the lovely Bexi singing with a musical interlude from a carer, we also have St Paul’s RC Primary School Choir (Wirral) coming to sing for us. In the afternoon early evening we have guitar lessons for young carers (must have own guitar) and live guitarist performing this will be by virtual presence of the team using Zoom. - to book your place call 01925 633 492 or book here
Thursday 10th June 2021 Carers Craft Workshops – 11.00-3.30pm
We will be making a selection of items from basic Tea light decorations, a scarecrow garden ornament and toot the owl. In the afternoon early evening we will have young Carers craft activities and card making. This will be followed by a live art session. This will be by virtual presence of the team using Zoom. - to book your place call 01925 633 492 or book here
All materials needed for these session will be provided in advance of the session
Friday 11th June 2021 Quiz Day 10.00- 12.30pm
- General Knowledge Quiz – join us for a fun round to test your general knowledge. Top score wins a pamper gift box, we will also be giving a booby prize for the least scored.
- Online Quiz £100 Prize - Register as a Carers with us for entry to the online quiz using Survey Monkey, the quiz will be time limited for 30mins from 12pm on Friday 11th June. 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50 & 3rd Prize £25
- Bingo - to end the week we will finish with a firm favourite a good old fashioned game of Bingo. there will be a prizes for 1 line & 2 lines and a cash prize of £50 for a full house
To book your place call 01925 633 492 or book here
Carers Week Bake Off we will be running a Bake off throughout the week Monday to Friday.
Do you fancy entering one of your baking creations in our Carers Week Bake-Off? Just bake your cake, send us the most truly scrumptious picture and you could win the Bake Off book—Love to Bake. Please email a picture of your baking creation by Monday 14 June 2021. SEND PICTURE HERE stating whether you are from Wirral or Warrington. The winners will be contacted on Tuesday 15 June 2021.
How to register for our events via zoom?
Once you receive your registration and enter your details for the session you will be places in a waiting room where the host will grant access, we will be limiting the participants on each session so come early to avoid disappointment
As Zoom is new to us all we do have a few guidelines to follow. Please read these before requesting to attend the sessions.
These guidelines are to ensure that everyone that joins our ‘Tea & Chat’ sessions have a good experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout the session.
- If you are not speaking in the session, please make sure to keep your microphone muted so it does not interfere with everyone's audio.
- There should be limited outside distractions during our session
- There should not be other people or animals around you, or any inappropriate or offensive posters or pictures on display.
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during the session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.).
- Position your camera properly. If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible.
- Be respectful of others while they are talking. Stay off your phones and other devices while you are in the session
- When you have a question or something you'd like to say, you can use the raise hand function located in the Participant panel.
- Identify yourself before you start to speak, please state your name so we know who is talking.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Please try not to talk over another speaker.
- NO screen shots or pictures are to be taken during a session without express permission from everyone in the session.
- WIRED will collect consent from participants when booking on the session for any screen shots taken for marketing and promotional purposes
- Your session will be ended if you use offensive or racist language. You will not be allowed to join any other session with us
If you have any questions; about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please let us know before the session starts.