Wirral Carers Week Events - via zoom digital video and voice calling - see bottom of page for how to access our events
Monday 7th June 2021 Information Day 'Making Carers Visible and Valued' – 9.45- 3.30pm
- 9.45 -10.00 Carers Week Launch ‘Making Carers Visible’ with Dame Angela Eagle. We are pleased to announce Dame Angela Eagle has agreed to Launch our carers Week and will address the Carers of Wirral
- 10.00-10.30 Care Act - What this means for carers, what rights you have as a carer with Helen Callister.
- 10.30-11.00 Carers Digital Resource - with Carol Jones. Sharing care is easier when you do it ‘Jointly’, a Free app that makes caring for someone a little easier, less stressful and more organised.
- 11.00-11.30 Benefits Information with DWP. Information on how to apply for Carers Allowance, Attendance allowance, other benefits and the criteria. Do you know how to access a benefits check.
- 11.30-12.00 Dementia Carer Support Services with Age UK Wirral. Dementia Carer support offers emotional support to both carers and the cared for who need to come to terms with a diagnosis.
- 12.00-12.30 Assistive Technologies with Progress Lifeline. 24/7 help at the touch of a button. Find out how they can support carers in Wirral.
- 12.30- 12.45 Wirral Mencap with Tina Phelan. Tina will be here to let us know what services and projects that they have and how to access.
- 12.45- 13.00 United Utilities – with Clare Jones. United Utilities- we're here to help. An overview of the support and schemes available to support United Utilities customers.
- 13.00-13.30 Lasting Power of Attorney with Helen Callister. Helen will be giving a brief rundown on LPA, who can apply and how to access.
- 13.30-14.00 Community Connectors with Involve Northwest. With services such as employment support , welfare and benefits advice and domestic abuse support please join us to find out more.
- 14.00-14.30 Barnardo’s Wirral Young Carers with Paula Hulme. Supporting children and young people in Wirral who are looking after a family member who is ill, disabled, has mental health problems, or is misusing drugs or alcohol.
- 14.30-15.00 Healthwatch Spare 5 with Micha Woodworth. Spare 5 has been developed to encourage people to make time for each other! Optimising access to information relating to your health and wellbeing.
- 15.00-15.30 Wired Carers Support Services recap and round up, ensuring you have access to the Carers Grant, Carers PPE, carers Counselling and our Carers Emergency Contact Service. Carer Connector will be on hand to take questions. Carers information packs will be available on request.
These sessions will be on a Webinar and recorded. we are then hoping to get this uploaded to You Tube for everyone to view.
For more information or to book your place on one or all of the Webinars please ring 0151 670 0777 or BOOK HERE
Tuesday 8th June 2021 Wellbeing Day- 10.00-2.00pm & 6.00-7.00pm
We have a collection of mindfulness session today including Relaxation, mindfulness and managing anxiety, YOGA - For beginners adult colouring for relaxation (the pack for this session will be provided in advance of the session) and Emotional Freedom Techniques. Please contact for the registration details to our Zoom sessions
Wednesday 9th June 2021 Music Day – 10.00- 11.30am
To start the day off we have the lovely Bexi singing with a musical interlude from a carer, we also have St Paul’s RC Primary School Choir (Wirral) coming to sing for us. In the afternoon early evening we have guitar lessons for young carers (must have own guitar) and live guitarist performing this will be by virtual presence of the team using Zoom.
Thursday 10th June 2021 Carers Craft Workshops – 11.00-3.30pm
We will be making a selection of items from basic Tea light decorations, a scarecrow garden ornament and toot the owl. In the afternoon early evening we will have young Carers craft activities and card making (these sessions are now fully booked). This will be followed by a live art session. This will be by virtual presence of the team using Zoom.
All materials needed for these session will be provided in advance of the session
Friday 11th June 2021 Quiz Day 10.00- 12.30pm
- General Knowledge Quiz – join us for a fun round to test your general knowledge. Top score wins a pamper gift box, we will also be giving a booby prize for the least scored.
- Online Quiz £100 Prize - Register as a Carers with us for entry to the online quiz using Survey Monkey, the quiz will be time limited for 30mins from 12pm on Friday 11th June. 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50 & 3rd Prize £25
- Bingo - to end the week we will finish with a firm favourite a good old fashioned game of Bingo. there will be a prizes for 1 line & 2 lines and a cash prize of £50 for a full house
Carers Week Bake Off we will be running a Bake off throughout the week Monday to Friday.
Do you fancy entering one of your baking creations in our Carers Week Bake-Off? Just bake your cake, send us the most truly scrumptious picture and you could win the Bake Off book—Love to Bake. Please email a picture of your baking creation by Monday 14 June 2021. SEND PICTURE HERE stating whether you are from Wirral or Warrington. The winners will be contacted on Tuesday 15 June 2021.
How to register for our events via zoom?
Once you receive your registration and enter your details for the session you will be places in a waiting room where the host will grant access, we will be limiting the participants on each session so come early to avoid disappointment:
As Zoom is new to us all we do have a few guidelines to follow. Please read these before requesting to attend the sessions.
These guidelines are to ensure that everyone that joins our sessions have a good experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout the session.
- If you are not speaking in the session, please make sure to keep your microphone muted so it does not interfere with everyone's audio.
- There should be limited outside distractions during our session
- There should not be other people or animals around you, or any inappropriate or offensive posters or pictures on display.
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during the session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.).
- Position your camera properly. If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible.
- Be respectful of others while they are talking. Stay off your phones and other devices while you are in the session
- When you have a question or something you'd like to say, you can use the raise hand function located in the Participant panel.
- Identify yourself before you start to speak, please state your name so we know who is talking.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Please try not to talk over another speaker.
- NO screen shots or pictures are to be taken during a session without express permission from everyone in the session.
- WIRED will collect consent from participants when booking on the session for any screen shots taken for marketing and promotional purposes
- Your session will be ended if you use offensive or racist language. You will not be allowed to join any other session with us
If you have any questions; about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please let us know before the session starts.