Warrington Carers Week Events
'Making Carers Visible and Valued and Supported'
Monday 6th June 2022 Wellbeing Day – 10.00-2.00pm @ The Gateway including Reflexology, Reiki, Massage, and Therapeutic Drumming—refreshments provided. Come and join us for a pamper - to book your place call 01925 987010 or book here
Tuesday 7th June 2022 Information Day – 9.30am-3pm ZOOM Webinar and in person at The Gateway.
9.30-9.35am WELCOME – Anna Zammit; Wired Adult and Young Carers Services Manager
9.35-10am CARERS STRATEGY UPDATE by Cath Jones and Helen Mathie (Warrington Borough Council)
10-10.15am WARRINGTON WELLBEING
10.15-10.30am CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU
10.30-10.45am WARRINGTON PARENTS AND CARERS (Warrpac)
10.45-11am SPEAK UP ADVOCACY
11.30-12noon PAPYRUS (Prevention of Young Suicide)
12.15-12.30pm DEMENTIA SERVICES
1-1.15pm CE3 Take 2
1.30-1.45pm WIRED – Carers Rights
2-2.15pm WIRED – Lasting Power of Attorney
2.15-2.30pm WARRINGTON DISABILITY PARTNERSHIP (WDP)
2.20-2.45pm WARRINGTON AND HALTON TEACHING HOSPITALS; Patient Experience and Inclusion Team
2.45-3pm CHESHIRE FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
3-3.05pm CLOSE - Anna Zammit
To book your place on one or all the Webinar please ring 01925 987010 or BOOK HERE
Once you enter your details for the session you will be placed in a waiting room where the host will grant access, we will be limiting the participants on each session so come early to avoid disappointment. Listings maybe subject to change on the day.
Wednesday 8th June 2022
“Supporting Carers with Mobility and Independent Living Solutions” Event, includes tour of the Smart Flat at Warrington Disability Partnership Centre for Independent Living, Beaufort Street, Warrington WA5 1BA. Refreshments will be provided by Warrington Disability Partnership,
Thursday 9th June 2022 Carers Craft Workshops – 11.00-3.30pm
We will be making a selection of items from Matchbox makeovers, Stained glass windows, Flower Fairies and Scarecrow garden ornaments. In the early evening we will have Young Carers craft activities and Adult Carer unable to attend during the day. This will be by virtual presence of the team using Zoom. - to book your place call 01925 987010 or book here
All materials needed for these sessions will be provided in advance of the session
Friday 10th June 2022 Quiz Day 10.00- 12.30pm
- Online Quiz £100 Prize - Register as a Carers with us for entry to the online quiz using Survey Monkey, the quiz will be time limited for 30mins from 12pm on Friday 10th June. 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50 & 3rd Prize £25
- Bingo - to end the week we will finish with a firm favourite a good old fashioned game of Bingo. there will be a prizes for 1 line & 2 lines and a cash prize of £50 for a full house
To book your place call 01925 987010 or book here
Carers Week Bake Off we will be running a Bake off throughout the week Monday to Friday.
Do you fancy entering one of your baking creations in our Carers Week Bake-Off? Just bake your cake, send us a picture and you could win the Bake Off book—Love to Bake. Please email a picture of your baking creation by Monday 14 June 2021. SEND PICTURE HERE stating whether you are from Wirral or Warrington. The winners will be contacted on Monday 15 June 2022.
How to register for our events via zoom?
Once you receive your registration and enter your details for the session you will be places in a waiting room where the host will grant access, we will be limiting the participants on each session so come early to avoid disappointment
As Zoom is new to us all we do have a few guidelines to follow. Please read these before requesting to attend the sessions.
These guidelines are to ensure that everyone that joins our sessions have a good experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout the session.
- If you are not speaking in the session, please make sure to keep your microphone muted so it does not interfere with everyone's audio.
- There should be limited outside distractions during our session
- There should not be other people or animals around you, or any inappropriate or offensive posters or pictures on display.
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during the session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.).
- Position your camera properly. If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible.
- Be respectful of others while they are talking. Stay off your phones and other devices while you are in the session
- When you have a question or something you'd like to say, you can use the raise hand function located in the Participant panel.
- Identify yourself before you start to speak, please state your name so we know who is talking.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Please try not to talk over another speaker.
- NO screen shots or pictures are to be taken during a session without express permission from everyone in the session.
- WIRED will collect consent from participants when booking on the session for any screen shots taken for marketing and promotional purposes
- Your session will be ended if you use offensive or racist language. You will not be allowed to join any other session with us
If you have any questions; about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please let us know before the session starts.